Dental Student Resources
Interested in learning valuable skills to begin a career in cosmetic dentistry after dental school? The AACD has assembled a roadmap of tools to help you get started!
AACD Membership for Dental Students and Recent Graduates
Dental Students and Recent Dental Graduates have access to these resources with their AACD Membership and the best part is, your membership is significantly discounted. The AACD is here to help you achieve your goals, whether that's creating a commitment to life-long learning or networking with the brightest minds in cosmetic dentistry.
Keep in mind, students and recent graudates also have access to these great resources:
- Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry: The profession's premier clinical, peer-reviewed publication with CE in every issue. Available in print and digital formats.
Hybrid Study Club: Online workouts led by industry experts (webinar format) are mixed with on-demand workouts on your own time, pre-recorded and curated for study club discussion within your coaching group. During this year long experience, a private Esthetic Skills Studio discussion board will be available to facilitate meaningful interactions of multiple coaching groups between sessions.
- AACD CEntral Online Learning Platform: Explore CEntral's unique Learning Paths to access AACD-curated content that digs deeper into topics relevant to you. We've made it easy with customized education that gets you where you need to go. Start with any path, and mix and match to create your own personalized learning journey. CEntral includes videos, lectures, continuing education from elite educators, and exclusive access to scientific session content.
- Annual Scientific Session: Career-enhancing Scientific Session courses present takeaways to use, starting day one.
- AACD Happy Hour: Connect with your fellow AACD members for networking at this quarterly online educational session with the industry's top educators.
- MyAACD Network: A private, online community that connects you with 4,500 peers to call on for insight and knowledge.
Interested in having an Accredited Fellow or Accredited Member of the AACD visit your campus? These volunteers speak on responsible esthetic dentistry, the importance of continuing education, the career options beyond graduation.
Note: Student Poster Competition and HEAPS Award Competition have been paused for 2023.
Resources After Dental School
This program will provide residents with the clinical and business experience needed to jump start a career in a cosmetic-oriented restorative dental practice. During the two-year program, residents will complete a series of requirements from studying dental literature to implementing simple to complex restorative cases. Under their preceptor’s guidance, they will also gain knowledge and experience relating to all facets of an esthetic restorative dental practice including effective practice management, diagonstic tools, and restorative considerations.
Accredited AACD Members often say it’s not really about the credential - it’s about the journey. AACD Accreditation is the place where you can achieve your full potential as a dental professional. Learn more about the journey and AACD Accreditation in this short video: CRED.
Since 1986, the AACD Accreditation process has provided an excellent opportunity for dentists and laboratory technicians to enhance their professional skills and knowledge in cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Accreditation is an honor - requiring a dedication to continuing education and responsible patient care. The process involves a written exam, submission of clinical cases and oral exam . . . Read More