The Bio-Emulation Approach, the newest course from the AACD, addresses classic color concepts, how light interacts with natural tooth structures, and the implications for final tooth shade. Internationally renowned lecturer, Javier Tapia Guadix, DDS, uses 3D animations and stunning imagery to demonstrate the spatial relationship between enamel and dentin to help viewers understand natural volumes for layering. You will learn a new more predictable step-by-step layering methodology for anterior and posterior composite direct restorations.
“The term “bio-emulation” can be seen as the natural next step to the foundations of biomimetic dentistry that our mentors established in the past.”
If you are interested in a predictable approach that will allow you to create the most natural looking restorations, take the course The Bio-Emulation Approach by Javier Tapia Guadix, DDS. You'll learn to:
1. Clarify misconceptions by revisiting classic color concepts, clarifying misconceptions
2. Understand light interaction with tooth structures
3. Understand aging process of natural tissues
4. Use smart material selection to simplifying the layering techniques by using smart material selection
5. Incorporate a step-by-step process to achieve invisible anterior and posterior restorations
help members access their member benefits, help us understand how visitors use our website, and help
us provide relevant marketing messages. Read more about our cookies policy here.